New firmware has been released for the PavoTube II 6C, and the new capability that it adds is important: this update makes it possible to control the PavoTube II 6C with the new NANLINK mobile app! This post explains how to download and install the new firmware, and it shows you how to control your favorite 10-inch LED tube light through Bluetooth with our mobile app.
In order to load this firmware update, you are going to need a flash drive that connects to the USB-C port on the PavoTube II 6C. When I updated the firmware on my light, I used a Verbatim USB-C Store 'n' Go Dual USB Flash Drive and it worked perfectly.
When you have a flash drive to use, we advise that you remove all of the files that are on it, and reformat the drive to either FAT or FAT32. Clearly written instructions for how to format your flash drive are provided in our post about updating the firmware of the PavoTube II X.
How to install firmware on the Nanlite PavoTube II 6C
- You need to get the firmware to load onto your flash drive. To get the firmware, go to this link and download the latest version: http://en.nanlite.com/services/firmware?pid=174
- Connect your flash drive to your computer.
- You need to load the ".upd" file that you downloaded onto your flash drive.
- Eject your flash drive from the computer.
- Make sure your PavoTube II 6C is turned off.
- Plug your flash drive into the USB-C port on your PavoTube II 6C.
- The screen on your PavoTube II 6C will display "Found firmware V1.00.11"
- Press the "+" button to select “Update”
- Then press the MODE button to confirm
- The screen on your PavoTube II 6C will show “Updating," then it will turn back to its normal operating screen.
- You are finished!
With this firmware update installed, you can now control your PavoTube II 6C wirelessly with the NANLINK mobile app!
How to control the Nanlite PavoTube II 6C with the NANLINK mobile app
- You need to get the NANLINK mobile app. You can download the version for Apple iOS (iPhone, etc.) here. You can download the version for Android here.
- Launch the app on your mobile device. If it's your first time using the NANLINK app, you will need to create an account.
- Turn on your PavoTube II 6C.
- Tap the hamburger menu in the top left corner of the app (the icon with 3 short horizontal lines).
- In the menu that appears select "+ New Scene."
- Give your new scene a name and tap Create.
- Tap the card that was created for your new scene, then tap the + button to add a fixture.
- On the next screen tap "Via Bluetooth."
- The app will then scan for available Bluetooth lights to connect to. You should see your PavoTube II 6C appear on the screen. Tap it to connect, then tap Done. If it does not appear on the app's screen, try resetting the Bluetooth on your PavoTube II 6C. This is done by pressing the MODE button until you get to MENU, then press SWITCH until you get to BT:RESET, then press +, then SWITCH to highlight Reset, then press + again.
You can now control your light with the NANLINK app. You can change the mode of the light from CCT to HSI, Effects and more. You have deep control over dimming, saturation, G/M shift, and every parameter of the fixture. If you find a combination of settings that you like, you can easily save it as a recallable preset.
Learn how Peter McKinnon uses the PavoTube II 6C in his shoots
You can control your PavoTube II 6C with the NANLINK app while also controlling the new PavoTube II X-Series lights. The ability to control more lights with the NANLINK app will be coming in the near future. If you want to group several PavoTube II 6C lights together can control them all synchronously with the NANLINK app, this can be done, but you need to use the NANLINK WS-TB-1 Transmitter Box in order to do so. This box also lets you control the PavoTube 30C and 15C LED tube lights with the NANLINK app, along with other lights like the Forza 500 and MixPanel 150 and 60.
We hope this information has been helpful! If you have any questions, please contact us and we will respond as quickly as we can. Taking care of our customers is our top priority.